Our Spring Raffle provides you with opportunity to support our work, whilst also being in with a chance of winning one of our fabulous prizes!
- First Prize: A professionally-guided birdwatching break for two in southern Portugal with www.birdinginportugal.com
- Second Prize: £750 cash
- Third Prize: Five sets of high energy bird foods especially selected by Brinvale Bird Foods to help your garden birds through winter, each worth £100. www.brinvale.com
- Early Bird Prizes: 5 x £50 cash
The raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands) and you must be over 16 to play.
Early Bird Draw
The draw for the lucky winners of the early bird prizes took place on 11 February and the following ticket numbers were selected: 1084063, 1193502, 1233769, 1424782 & 1013606. The winners have been notified and each will receive £50 Cash.
Tickets are £1 each.
You can play online or by returning ticket stubs to our freepost address:
British Trust for Ornithology Raffle,
Furness Gate, Peter Green Way,
Furness Business Park,
LA 14 2PE
If you prefer to play by post you can request additional tickets by calling the helpline on 0370 241 3495
Tickets have been sent directly to members of BTO and its Garden BirdWatch scheme, or those who have previously played the raffle or made donations to BTO in the last five years, who live in England, Scotland or Wales, and have not opted out of receiving these. The closing date is 29 March 2019. Late entries will be treated as a donation.
Full information on the prizes
First Prize – A professionally-guided birdwatching break for two in southern Portugal with www.birdinginportugal.com
There will be plenty of opportunities to watch and photograph birds with the help of experienced guides from Birding in Portugal, which has been leading small groups of birders and nature-lovers throughout southern Portugal for over thirty years now. If you would like to visit a variety of wildlife-rich locations to see species such as Great and Little Bustard, Black-winged Kite, Iberian Magpie, Western Swamphen and Rufous-tailed Scrub Robin, this could be your chance.
Birding in Portugal is offering a special birdwatching break for two people over four days, including flights, transfers, accommodation, breakfast and dinner, plus one and a half days of expertly guided birding. The lucky winners can book their stay from April to October subject to availability.
Birding in Portugal trips are usually based at the aptly-named www.paradiseinportugal.com which is a small Quinta in a stunning and secluded lakeside location in the hills of the southern Alentejo, a few miles north of the Algarve. You can enjoy great food and service in beautiful and tranquil surroundings overlooking terraced gardens in a unique eco-experience as the Quinta is completely off-grid – though you’d never know it.
The Quinta is under an hour’s drive from the Atlantic coast, so if you would like to explore further, you could arrange to hire a car from the airport or use taxis from the local village. Faro airport is about one and a half hours away by car and Lisbon two and a half. Depending on availability you may also be able to extend your stay – and most guests do!
NB If the Quinta happens not to be the base being used for exploration at the time of your booking, Birding in Portugal will make sure you are provided with good alternative accommodation.
Second Prize - £750 cash
Third Prizes - Five sets of high energy foods especially selected by Brinvale Bird Foods to help your garden birds through the winter months, each worth £100.
These lovely high energy food sets, consisting of 20kg of Jumbo Peanuts, 2 x 13kg High Energy Mix and 100 x Sunflower Heart Suet Balls, will see your garden birds through the winter in quite some style.
BTO Corporate Supporters Brinvale Bird Foods are a family-run business based in Leicestershire, who use their own arable farm to test the foods they grow and others they source from local and British providers. Brinvale aim to provide their customers with top quality bird feed at affordable prices combined with first class service. Their online store offers a wide range of high quality bird seed mixes, sunflower hearts, peanuts, and other wildlife food as well as a wide range of bird feeders and accessories, again all tested on the farm. www.brinvale.com
Brinvale Bird Foods was set up in 2004 by Hilary and Andy Wiles with the help of their son Richard, who runs the farm, to get the nation feeding wild birds. Now in 2018 they are helped by Bracken, their farm dog and a small team who keep things running as smoothly as possible. If you can't find exactly the produce you want online you can call on 01664 823 230, or email info [at] brinvale.com for advice on which food might be best suited to your needs.
Thank you for taking part and supporting the work of the BTO.
- The closing date of the raffle is 11.59 pm on 29 March 2019 and the draw will take place on 5 April 2019.
- Players had to be aged 16 years old or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the BTO Raffle.
- The Raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
- Any person who enters the BTO Raffle who is under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries. If a child under 16 years old is found to have participated in a lottery after the lottery draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes that might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
- Complaints will be handled in line with complaints procedure. Complaints that cannot be resolved by BTO including personal attention from the Promoter will be escalated to a third party; The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
- The seven winners will be notified in writing and a list of winning numbers will be provided on our website at www.bto.org/raffle.
- BTO reserves the right to publish the names of winners.
- The cost of each ticket and entry was £1.
- There were no cash alternatives to the non-cash prizes and no interest is payable.
- No cancellations or refunds were offered for raffle tickets.
- Tickets could not be sold in the street.
- The contractual terms of the lottery and complaints procedure are available to participants on request and are also available here:
- BTO Raffle rules 2019 (DOCX, 24.78 KB)
- 2019 Raffle Policy (DOCX, 41.57 KB)
Read our website terms and conditions, which include additional policies relating to purchases.
We accept the following credit and debit cards for orders: