Written by Dave Cromack and drawing on the BTO's expertise, this new book provides the perfect guide to building, erecting and monitoring nestboxes for a broad range of bird species.
- Step-by-step illustrated instructions for constructing proven nestbox designs;
- Profiles of garden bird species that regularly use nestboxes;
- Box designs for less common garden visitors;
- Practical advice on the best positions for your nestboxes;
- How to protect nesting birds from cats and other predators;
- The best materials and tools to use;
- Tips on repairing and preserving nestboxes;
- Advice on providing refuges for Hedgehogs and other garden animals.
Published by BTO Services Ltd with the support of Jacobi Jayne & Company.