Many companies are already making an important contribution to biodiversity by supporting the work of the BTO through our Corporate Membership Scheme or through corporate partnership.
BTO working with EDF Energy to see 'What's Under Your Feet'
BTO is delighted to announce a new collaboration with EDF Energy, the UK’s largest provider of low carbon energy, to inspire a new generation of scientists. Over the next school year we will be inviting over 20,000 schools who are members of EDF Energy's award winning education programme, the Pod, to find out how climate change, specifically drought, is affecting the abundance of birds across the UK.
By working with us you could:
- Align your company with a highly respected and trusted conservation science organisation and achieve your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives.
- Support vital research which gets to the heart of conservation issues of national and global concern and be informed of the latest research and challenges.
- Show your company’s commitment to its environmental responsibilities through the use of the BTO Corporate Membership Logo.
- Support specific projects relevant to your business.
- Share your commitment and involvement with more than 50,000 known individual supporters, to a broad range of professional partners and with our growing audience following BTO work through social media.
How we work with businesses
We work with businessess in a number of ways including;
- Undertaking monitoring of birds at business sites to inform habitat management.
- Designing and developing mobile and online systems for monitoring wildlife.
- Testing new equipment, like optics and outdoor clothing.
- Providing business with the tools to be a champion for our satellite tagging projects including Cuckoos.
- Helping business meet their aims of delivering research vital to informing conservation.
What our Members say
Since 1987 CJ Wildlife has been designing and producing foods, feeders, nest boxes and other products to help wildlife, introducing many of the wild bird seeds we all now take for granted, such as black sunflower seeds, sunflower hearts and nyjer seed. Throughout that time we have used research to inform and refine our product range, and are proud to support the BTO’s work as a world-leading wildlife research organisation.
"Syngenta has a long-standing working relationship with BTO – one that is valued thanks to a shared belief in the value of evidence-based research in the development of solutions to issues of importance to both organisations."
"EDF Energy’s The Pod is very excited and proud to be working in collaboration with the BTO on “What’s under your feet?”. Like the BTO, we are passionate about science and getting children involved in this from an early age. By joining forces with the BTO, we’ll be launching a range of unique, free resources for Pod schools to get more young people understanding and taking part in hands-on science and a great way to help our future scientists develop."