Bird ID and BirdTrack (2-day non-residential, RSPB Minsmere, Suffolk)
- Steve Piotrowski
Saturday, May 9, 2020 - 10:00 to Sunday, May 10, 2020 - 16:00
- A few places left
Improve your bird identification skills by sight and sound and learn how they can be put to good use through BirdTrack
Brush up your bird identification skills by sight and sound and find out all about BirdTrack on this two day non-residential course for improvers. With a focus on birds of woodland and wetland habitats, discover more about our breeding birds at this famous and extremely diverse lowland site. Expect a combination of indoor sessions covering the basics of bird identification and outdoor sessions to build your confidence in the field.
This course aims to provide you with the following:
- An overview of the birds you can expect to find in southern Britain during the breeding season, and the habitats in which to look for them.
- Identification pointers for a range of common breeding birds by sight.
- Specific guidance on how to distinguish between similar-looking woodland and wetland birds.
- Chance to practice your visual ID skills in the field.
- Advice on learning to recognise common breeding birds by their songs and calls.
- Specific guidance on how to distinguish between similar-sounding woodland birds.
- An introduction to BirdTrack, including ways to maximise the value of your observations for conservation science.
- Chance to practice your bird song and call ID skills in the field.
- Opportunity to collect your own BirdTrack complete list.
This 2-day non-residential course costs £120. The price includes teaching, course materials and refreshments during each day. Please bring a packed lunch both days.
If you are interested in the course but only able to attend for one of the days, please contact us and we'll see if we can meet your needs.
Online booking is available for this event but if you have any queries about booking a place, please email Anne.Cotton [at] bto.org or ring 01786 458021.