Woodland bird ID and BBS (1-day, Ruardean Hill)
- Ed Drewitt
Thursday, April 30, 2020 - 10:00 to 16:00
- Fully booked
Improve your woodland bird identification skills in the Forest of Dean and learn how you can put them to good use
Ed will help you brush up your woodland bird identification through a range of activities in the classroom and the nearby woodland habitat, and show you how these can be put to good use in the Breeding Bird Survey. Learning to recognise similar-sounding birds by their songs and calls will form a significant part of the day, making this course ideal for people with some birdwatching experience who want to take their skills to the next level.
This course aims to provide you with the following:
- An overview of the common birds you can find in UK woodlands.
- Identification tips for a range of common woodland birds, particularly by sound.
- Specific guidance on distinguishing between species that look or sound similar.
- An introduction to the Breeding Bird Survey.
- Opportunity to practice your identification skills in the field.
This 1-day course costs £60. The price includes teaching, course materials, entry fees and refreshments during the day. Please bring a packed lunch.
Online booking is available for this event but if you have any queries about booking a place, please email Anne.Cotton [at] bto.org or ring 01786 458021.